Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Updated Life

Okay Jess, you see, I did finally post again. :) Just to catch you up on the details, if I haven't told you already. I'm working at a school teaching science, basically I'm the instructor for seventh and eighth grade science. The catch is that it's a private school (since I don't have my teaching certificate I can't teach in public schools yet), and it focuses on students with language learning differences. So for a variety of reasons our students have difficulty processing either the written, reading, or oral parts of the English language. The classes are small (thank goodness) and our kids usually have a range of other impulse and attention issues, so teaching is exciting. :) They are all bright, intelligent kids, but they keep me on my toes. I'm definitely learning as I go, as well as working on all the certification in special education programs I have to finish to work there.

The other big news is that I'm flying back to MI this weekend for Joann and Jim's wedding. I'm sure that I'll have a ton of photos and will post some of them. I'm hoping to catch some nice fall photos to put on your photo blog. The colors here in Jersey are just starting to change a little, hopefully with some cooler weather it will start to look and feel more like fall. Then I can go get my pumpkin to carve and all the candy for the neighborhood trick or treaters. This seems like the neighborhood where we could be pretty busy. I'm sure the kids here bring in a haul, that keeps them sugar fueled until Thanksgiving. :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Ok so I almost called you that weekend because I happened to be at my parents on Saturday and had a horrible day ugh I should have called you! I hope you had a great time at the wedding.